The expertise that has grown over more than 100 years, the highly qualified employees and the uncompromising approach to quality make KUNDERT the leading partner for:
- Machined parts
- Moulded parts and semi-finished products made from polyurethane
- Coatings with polyurethane
- Round bars, hollow rods
- Cuts, sheets
- Injection moulded parts
- Customer-specific sections and tubes
- Thermoformed parts
- Waterjet cut parts
- Stamped parts
With a wide range of manufacturing possibilities and materials, KUNDERT reliably supplies a broad customer base with the highest demands in the following sectors:
- Mechanical engineering
- Medical technology
- Food processing
- Environmental technology
- Systems engineering and material handling technology
- Packaging industry
- Electrical industry
- Chemical industry
- Aerospace industry
As a Swiss family company since 1906, KUNDERT has a pronounced social and communicative corporate culture. Personal responsibility and innovative strength of our employees are specifically promoted.
KUNDERT is committed to the social sector and offers apprenticeships for polymechanics, production mechanics and commercial staff, which account for more than 10 % of the workforce. It also offers internships for students at universities of applied sciences and the ETH. In cooperation with an industrial workshop, KUNDERT also provides varied employment for people with mental disabilities.
Facts & Figures
- Founding year
- Legal form
- Net turnover
- 25 MM CHF
- Foundation of the sole proprietorship Ernst Kundert based in Zurich. Business activity: Commercial agency for products for the textile industry in Switzerland.
- Relocation of the company to Feldbach am Zürichsee, municipality of Hombrechtikon (ZH).
- The sons of the founder, Ernst und Heinz Kundert, start working at the company and take over the management shortly thereafter.
- Conversion of the sole proprietorship into a general partnership with the name Ernst Kundert & Co.
- Inclusion of the first, in-house production in Schweizersholz (TG) for metallic gear wheels and technical plastic parts.
- Move into the newly set up office building at the company headquarters in the municipality of Hombrechtikon (ZH).
- Name change to KUNDERT & Co.
- Conversion of the general partnership into the public limited company KUNDERT AG.
- Construction and commissioning of a production facility for the machining of plastic parts in Jona (SG).
- Following the unexpected death of Ernst Kundert, Heinz Kundert continues to run the company as sole managing director.
- Inclusion of polyurethane processing as a supplement to the existing production areas of plastics technology and gear wheels.
- With Markus and Stefan Kundert, the 3rd generation of the Kundert family joins the company. While Markus takes over the management of sales and technology, Stefan is responsible for finance and organisation.
- KUNDERT's image is modernised with the introduction of a new logo.
- Receipt of the SQS certificate in accordance with ISO 9002/EN 29002 for the first time.
- Move into the newly set up industrial premises in the municipality of Jona (SG). Administration, the production of plastic parts and the polyurethane casting facility are brought together in the new building with around 100 employees. The company headquarters are relocated from Hombrechtikon (ZH) to Jona (SG).
- The ownership structure of KUNDERT AG is reorganised. Heinz Kundert sells all of his shares to his sons Markus, Stefan and Heinz Kundert jr. in equal shares.
- KUNDERT AG sells the production of metal gearwheels in Schweizersholz (TG) and concentrates on the rapidly growing plastics sector.
- In September, KUNDERT celebrates its 100th anniversary. Over the course of one hundred years, the company has developed from a trading business into a modern industrial company in the supplier industry.
- The managing directors and co-owners of KUNDERT AG, Markus Kundert and Stefan Kundert, each acquire half of the shares in KUNDERT AG that they do not yet own.
- The Unternehmerforum Zürichsee honours Markus and Stefan Kundert with the Zürichsee Unternehmeraward 2014. This award recognises exceptional individuals and their business achievements.
- The previous co-owner and Co-Managing Director Stefan Kundert acquires his brother Markus' shareholding on 20 September 2016 and thus becomes the owner of KUNDERT AG. Markus Kundert will remain with KUNDERT AG as Co-Managing Director with the previous functions.
- Pascal Kundert is the 4th generation of the Kundert family to join the company. He takes over the management of the Polyurethanes division.
- Markus Kundert is retiring from KUNDERT AG at the beginning of the year after 30 years of service. In future, Stefan Kundert, CEO and owner of KUNDERT AG, will be supported by Pascal Kundert, Jürg Hauser and Dominic Schmid as members of the Executive Board.
- UID: CHE-105.965.342
- VAT reg. no.: CHE-105.965.342 VAT
- Company reg. no.: 52167002
- UPIK/D-U-N-S no.: 480002344